We have put together some top tips on how to stay safe while playing Pokemon Go.
1) “Pokémon Go” asks for access to your personal profile in order to play the game. This can mean from the very beginning, you are already providing a large amount of personal stuff. We recommend creating a separate Google profile to login.
2) Don’t play the game alone. Have somebody else with you to keep a look out for potential dangers. If you absolutely must “catch them all” while alone, be sure to let someone know where you are on a regular basis and always look around the area and the people around you.
3) Stay in areas you are familiar with and don’t trespass in an area that you do not know very well. This is how many people were injured, lost, or found themselves in places and situations they didn’t need to be in. Just because there is a Pokémon in someone’s house, in a restaurant or in a closed park after dark doesn’t mean you need to go get it!
4) It’s very easy to lose track of time in the game. Set your own limits or ask a parent to check in on you.
5) Don’t arrange to meet people you don’t know unless you take someone with you; and even then make sure you tell someone else where you are going.